Lonseal Double Face Tape (DFT)
2" x 60' roll
Description: An aggressive, double-sided tape with an acrylic adhesive.
Use: For bonding Lonseal flooring to an approved substrate.
Reduces overall installation time versus conventional adhesives
Can be used over a variety of substrates
Provides a strong hold once fully cured
1. Wipe down the substrate with a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 isopropyl alcohol, and a clean, dry cloth.
2. Apply Lontape to the substrate, leaving the red liner intact. Alternatively, the tape may be applied directly to the back
of the flooring. To ensure proper adhesion, full coverage of tape is required.
3. Place and align the flooring before removing the liner.
4. Beginning at the edge of the installation area, tube (fold the flooring over itself lengthwise) the sheet towards the
center of the installation. Take care, and keep the radius large when folding the material. Failure to do so could result
in damage to the flooring, and visual imperfections may appear on the surface.
5. Begin pulling the liner off the tape at an angle until a significant portion of the tape has been exposed.
6. Slowly un-tube the material and apply pressure from the center out to the edge to reduce the chance of air bubbles.
7. Tube the other side of the sheet towards the edge of the installation area, and repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. Continue until the area is fully adhered. To ensure the best adhesion, roll the material using a minimum 100 lb. (45.4
kg), three-section roller in both directions. Once placed, the material is not repositionable.
9. Avoid foot traffic for a minimum of 12 hours.
10. Avoid peeling or prying of the edges to ensure the best bond.
No DFT is necessary when using Lontape
Once applied, Lontape can resist cold temperatures as low as 50 °F (10.0 °C)
Clean Up: Dispose of the liner and any scrap material in an environmentally safe manner.
Limitations: Protect from freezing. Do not expose to freeze/thaw conditions before application.
Thickness: 8 mil (0.02 mm) without liner
Adhesion – Steel: 90 oz./in. (25 N/25 mm)
Temperature Resistance (Cured): 392 °F (200.0 °C) short term; 176 °F (80.0 °C) long term
Shelf Life: 1 year when stored properly
Storage Conditions: 65 °F – 85 °F (18.3 °C – 29.4 °C); keep dry and out of direct sunlight in a well-ventilated area.
Application Conditions: 65 °F – 85 °F (18.3 °C – 29.4 °C)
Available Size(s): 4 in. x 36 yds. and 6 in. x 36 yds.
Concrete Requirements: 5 lbs. (2.3 kg)/1,000 ft2 (92.9 m2)/24 h max. MVER (ASTM F1869); 75% RH max. (ASTM
F2170); 9 pH max. (ASTM F710)
Coverage: 108 linear feet per roll